Thursday, April 9, 2009

911 was BUSY!


Well, yesterday proved to be a horrible day! It started out pretty good, I got some things done that needed some accomplishing and I was headed down to Roy for some Kendra & Matt time. I was getting close to his house in Roy, and I came over the bridge, looked down for two seconds(if that) to grab my drink and when I looked up I realized traffic was stopped and I slammed on my brakes to keep from hitting the car in front of me. The result was rear ending an older lady with two teenage daughters in the car, going about 25 mph. I felt horrible mostly because I could have really hurt these people. I didn't care about myself or my car, I immediately pulled over and the lady didn't even get out of her car. So the first thing I do is call my dad, of course my first reaction wasn't to call the cops...My dad is Superman, that's better than like 10 cops combined! He told me to calm down, that it happens to everyone and that I would be fine. He also told me to breathe, which I wasn't exactly doing. I then walked up to the lady in her car to ask if everyone was ok and to apologize for my own stupidity, and her teenage daughter in the passenger seat looks at me and says "OH! You are so pretty!" WTF! This is not the time for flattery! When that comment should've made me feel good, it pissed me off!! (Is that the Fishbaugh in me? Tif?)
So then I call the 911 and I get a recording saying that all dispatchers are busy and to remain on the line for the next available rep. WTF!!!? Good thing I wasn't being raped or held at gun point or anything! See, this is why I called Superman first! Then 2 hours after the accident when I was sitting at home, 911 called my cell phone saying I had just called and hung up. I said no, I called 2 hours ago when I got in a car accident, and the girls said "no, you just rang in"...911 sucks rocks in my opinion! That's a bunch of pish posh! Ridiculous!!!
I was very lucky that nobody was hurt, and I was just embarrassed. After I talked to dispatch, I called Matt, told him what happened and he came to my rescue. I didn't actually start crying until I was talking to my mom and I saw Matt walking up to me. I received a citation for following too close, and I had the car appraised right after the accident for an awesome $1700...$1700 you say? Good, cause I was really hoping to pay $1700, that sounds about right. There better be freakin' unicorns taking dumps in my filters for that price! Pretty horrible day, but I'm very blessed to have Matt there and such great parents who help a lot!

4 comments:

  1. oh dang girl that sucks!! how can 911 be busy?? seriously wtf!!!! but i'm glad everyone is ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though it was a bad day....You are very pretty!!! Your blog made me laugh!!! You always see the bright side of things and that's why we luv ya!! Hang in there babe and just hope nothing really bad happens and 911 is busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! Poor car - thought you were the "good" driver - didn't we just talk about that? =). I am glad you are okay though. I think the "Fishbaugh" in you was on target. But I actually think you "maintained" better than most Fishbaughs would have. Getting off with a citation for following too close would have been nothing compared to what some of us would have received.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I figured only a Fishbaugh could get more pissed off because someone told them they were pretty! I think the accident was to humble me a little because I had GREAT bragging right by saying I've never had a ticket, nor been involved in accident! I can no longer say that!

    ReplyDelete